2008-02-14

You Call Him Dr. Jones, doll!

Oh... my... god.

After all these years of speculation and bullshit, the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie officially premiered this morning on Good Morning America [more on that in a moment.]

I just can't believe it's finally here. I never really thought this movie would get made. For years, everytime it was mentioned, all we heard was how Lucas didn't like this script or that script, how a new writer was being brought on board, how it didn't fit in their schedules. And as Harrison Ford got older and older, I really did loose faith that it would ever get made.


But finally... once again... it must be said that if adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones.

The trailer gives me chills. But honestly, I probably could close my eyes, just hear the music and have the same reaction. The trailer is a beautiful piece of work and does exactly what a trailer for a well-established brand name should. It should tease you and just give enough to make you a giddy child again inside.

I remember standing in line waiting for Temple of Doom. I remember going to see the Last Crusade in the theater. And I definitely remember closing my eyes tightly during the end of Raiders when the skin was melting off the Nazis. Ahhh... memories.

At some point last year after going to a midnight Order of the Phoenix screening, I said there are very few movies anymore that would get me out at midnight to see them. Well, Dr. Jones will definitely do that. May 22, midnight... mark it down, people.

Oh, and if you haven't seen the trailer...

Oh, side note... fuck Good Morning America. They get exclusive rights to premiere the trailer on television and they throw up all these fucking graphics advertising "FIRST LOOK ON GMA!" plus the standard GMA logo/clock thing in another corner with the god damn newscrawl at the bottom of the screen. Way to kill the moment, bitches. And then they say they're going to show it again... and proceed to talk over it. Thank god for the internet. And the networks wonder why people piss on their shows.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd see the May 22nd showing. Although, I do think waiting until the next day (Friday), buying tickets in advance, & making a night out of it would be better. It's up to you to plan it.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!