2008-12-11

Random Thoughts

The wife said that she was disappointed by my constant blogging about the Dodgers this week and we just can't have that, right? So, in the interest of marital tranquility, I will consult with the trustworthy Google Reader to provide a few topics of discussion.

Golden Globes
Well, that was shocking. After all the buzz last week about The Dark Knight possibly becoming a favorite to get an Oscar Best Picture nod, the film basically gets snubbed by the Hollywood Foreign Press [that's who does the GGs, right?] Heath Ledger got a Best Supporting Actor nod but nary a glance for anything else. I'm disappointed and now more than a little bit nervous that the Academy voters will follow suit. From my quick glance earlier, I believe The Wrestler was also snubbed with the exception of Mickey Rourke. I haven't seen it yet but the positive buzz leading in made me think it might stand a chance as well.

The World With Good Taste In Television's Loss Is Heroes Gain
After one of the best episodes of the season for Pushing Daisies aired this week as a reminder of just what a fantastic show we're losing [how did anyone not adore Kristin Chenowith singing "Eternal Flame?"] we do get some relative good news that Bryan Fuller is heading back to Heroes to save it. Pardon me for not giving a flying fuck about Heroes right now. As a comic book geek, I'm about to commit sacrilege but I'd gladly trade a Heroes cancellation for a saving of Pushing Daisies - oh, and if you can revive Wonderfalls too, I can trade a couple other shows I'm half-heartedly watching.

Globes On TV
Holy shit! I hadn't even seen the TV nominations for the Globes until now. What the fuck is going on here? No Lost, no Housewives, no Daisies? I appreciate the need for telling network television that their product is often times shit warmed over but come on... at least give credit where it's due. And nominations for Weeds and Entourage? I'm sorry but as much as I love both of those shows, both of them were pretty bad this season - Weeds was downright unwatchable IMO for most of the year.

I planned on doing more but my Google Reader just went fucky. I'm done. Blue out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read through the entire post & what sticks out to me is that your Google reader went "fucky". Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the post, but the reader going "fucky" is pretty hilarious.

Maybe the Foreign Press went fucky?

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!