2009-01-19

Feel The Burn

So, with my arms and shoulders feeling like they may barely be able to move at my command in the morning, I guess it's safe to say that I belong to a gym again. Tonight was the "orientation/free sample personal training session" which basically exists so they can try to hard sell you on the Personal Training upsell after they kick your ass for 15 minutes.

Lessee... I did a bench press set using an actual free weight bench press - something I probably haven't done since High School and I didn't enjoy it much then either. Then he made me do "dips" - trying to hoist my body weight up and down while using the bench to push off of. Fun stuff.

But the embarrassment was still to come!

Did some other kind of chest press weight thing which went okay. And then it happened. A conversation ensued.

"Six pushups between sets."

"Uh oh."

"Do the best you can."

"Okay."

Sadly, the best I could involved me trying to push up off the ground and failing miserably. After the ass-kicking at the bench press, I had no strength left in my shoulders. I just couldn't do it. So after a couple horrific moments laying facefirst on the floor, flopping around like a fish trying to get off the ground... I had to figure out a new way to stand.

Since I'm typing this from home, you can be sure I figured out how to stand up again thankfully.

The rest? Not so bad. But that one moment will be sufficient humiliation for this week.

Why can't all gyms be like this...?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!