2009-03-25

Bah! What A Letdown!

I've been cursed this week with a really wonky work schedule where I just happen to be closing every night. It puts me in a cranky mood to know that I won't be home before 9 or 9:30 each night so I have to find things at work to get me through especially since by the time I get home, I won't be in the mood to do anything more than eat dinner, watch a little TV, and then go to sleep. My writing (which has admittedly been slow anyways) is almost non-existent in a week like this although I did jot down a little bit during lunch the other day.

But I digress...

My "get me through" focus tonight was that I got to come home and watch Idol and more importantly, Lost.

I started with Idol which should've been cool since it's Motown Week which is incredibly hard to fuck up. And while no one really fucked it up too badly, I just wasn't feelin' it, dawg. There were a few that I thought were decent but nothing that I'd run out and buy immediately. It especially pissed me off that the Fall Out Boy guy that I don't like did something that I actually kinda dug. What's wrong with this world?

But then there was Lost which was sure to save my day, right?

Maybe I'm just too cranky or something but I was pretty bored through most of it. The flashback stuff, while gap-filling, was kinda dull. The big payoff at the end I kinda saw coming so... well... not sure that I cared. I am curious about Farraday's apparent "there are certain things that can't be changed" WHEN SAYID PUTS A BULLET IN CHILD BEN!

Ah well. Better luck next time.

Tomorrow will be even worse because there is no TV on Thursday that I look forward to enough to get me through eight hours of afternoon/evening shift.

Random thought... if you write a children's book and your name isn't JK Rowling, are you forever pigeonholed as a children's book writer?

I told you it was random!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!