2006-02-14

iPod Therefore iAm

In honor of the ever-enduring quest for Apple supremacy, B and I decided to check out the grand opening of the new Apple Store at Irvine Spectrum on Saturday morning. Well, that and they were giving out free t-shirts to the first thousand people there.

It's the opening of a store, right? I'm expecting a handful of people to be there when we roll up at just mere minutes before the store officially opens for the first time.

Apparently, I underestimated the dedication of the Apple fanboy.

I would guess that there must have been close to five hundred people there by the tim we finally got into the store. I did a rough headcount of about 250 in line about an hour or so after the store opened so I'd guess there was about double that total.

Amazing.

The dedication to the Apple product line by their fans continues to blow my mind and is the kind of devotion that all corporations should be willing to kill for.

My iWishList [at the moment]:
1] 20" iMac
2] iWork
3] iLife
4] Maybe even a MacBook Pro!

It's incredible how one "gadget" can create such a positive mindset about a company that it carries over so vastly. I can only imagine how many people in that line never dreamed of owning an Apple product until they first laid eyes on the iPod.

The industry describes it as a "halo effect"... something where the iPod creates such good vibes for the consumer, it makes them want to buy other products that the company makes as a result. This is why the market share for Apple continues to grow quarterly. And while they are still fairly insignifcant numerically when it comes to market share, they continue to make strides... and that's what counts.

Let me close out this Apple propaganda speech with a simple truth...

iPod Therefore iAm... and iWouldn't want it any other way.

P.S. - I wanted to post a picture I took on my cell phone of the massive line trying to get into the Apple Store but alas, technology has failed me. Use your mind's eye. Better that way sometimes.

Song I'm Listening To Currently: I'm watching actually! Season One of the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon... and god damn does animated stuff look sodding brilliant on the video iPod
Book I'm Reading Currently: Nothing! Finished Eragon [which I'll review later in the week]
Movie I Last Saw In The Theater: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire [IMAX]

1 comments:

mark said...

too bad the phone was not apple. it would have certainly used bluetooth 2.0 to transfer it to your iBook right into iPhoto with no fuss.

as for the wishlist- definitely the 20" imac...a friend of mine just got his - says it rocks. Although Front Row is quirky and he wished it did a few things better.

my wishlist
- MacPro 2.1 2gig ram
- 30" Cinema disp.
- aperture

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!