2006-03-10

BREAKING NEWS!

Well, ain't that a bitch?

After four years at that shithole of a company, I was summarily dismissed this morning... yes, one full week before my scheduled last day. And why?

Apparently, I'm too popular for my own damn good.

And no, that's not even ego talking... that's my cock chuggin' manager talking.

"The company's going to go ahead and let you go today. There's just been too much conversation in the department. Too many people standing by your desk talking to you. You're just a distraction right now and no one's answering the phones."

Got that?

Because other people wanted to talk to me to find out why I was quitting, where I was going, and more often than not, why they wanted to leave too... I was let go.

And I tell you right now that the only reason there wasn't a major confrontation is because they decided to pay me for next week as well. I was so much of a distraction, they're willing to pay me to not show up.

So, in a way, it's a relief.

In another way, it's maddening. Four years, people. I worked [fairly] hard for them for four god damn years, ignoring the shitty working conditions, ignoring the ineptitude of the entire management core, ignoring two years of a "wage freeze" because they were hemorraging money, ignoring lie after lie after lie...

And as a reward for my hard work and loyalty?

I get my access to my computer locked out so I can't even send my personal stuff to myself. How's that for a going-away gift?

I once told my former manager that I didn't mind getting fucked in the ass by the company from time to time as long as they gave me a reacharound.

There shall be no reacharound today. Just raw, unadulterated ass fucking.

(deep cleansing breath)

One chapter ends... a new begins.

And I'm spent.

2 comments:

mark said...

Bollocks! Shows how great a company they are. It just goes to show there is no loyalty in business. Ah- to hell with them.

You shoulda grabbed the computer or reached for the hard drive and yanked it out of the bloody case before you audi 5'd the place.

Oh well, good riddance to that place. To good journeys ahead.

Anonymous said...

I think the company had a good reason to give you the reach around. Ha Ha . What do you think about Johnny Depp in assless chaps playing jacks at work? I think that would be great.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!