2006-03-02

Celebration!

So, I said I had big news... and I do.

It may have taken an extra day to announce but it is well worth the wait.

Often times, people start up a blog to document a journey... a trip... a year before a big birthday... whatever. This wasn't designed for that purpose but in a way, it kind of became one.

What had started as a nice, fun, easy writing about miscellaneous crap like wrestling or the Dodgers or what was on TV became a very depressing, dark journal telling the story of how much I hate my job and how much I wanted a new one. A friend of mine said it basically stated the same things that everyone feels about their job but just hate seeing written down since it's so depressing.

Well, if you're feeling that way about your job as you read this page, I can finally tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

As of this morning, I have given my two weeks notice and on March 17th, I am a free man.

On March 20th, I start a new job... step onto a new road... and I'm quite frankly pretty damn excited about it.

People keep stopping by my desk to talk about it so I'm actually a little busy today. More to come though... and hopefully it's a hell of a lot cheerier.

Song I'm Listening To Currently: Superman - Lazlo Bane
Book I'm Reading Currently: The Plot Against America - Phillip Roth
Movie I Last Saw In The Theater: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire [IMAX]

2 comments:

mark said...

RIGHT ON. F*CK YEAH!

More to come- just reading the rest of the past post.

mark said...

to add---itsn't it cool when people stop by and want to . Leaves a pretty satisfying feeling in you. Kinda like if you nailed the head cheer leader in high school and the dudes in the locker room all want to ask you about it.

Well, that never happened. But I imagine it is the same when you explain to people why you are leaving your current sentence at San Quentin. I mean work.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!