2008-06-26

The Palladium Reborn

Followers of the Los Angeles music scene may be aware that the historic Hollywood Palladium was bought last year by Live Nation who immediately shut it down for renovations. I haven't been to the Palladium in years but as a youth, I was always struck by how nice of a venue it was on the inside - the outside was another story altogether.

But apparently Live Nation has sunk millions into a top-to-bottom renovation that includes everything from the stage, to back-of-house, to the restrooms, etc. I'd like to see the outside get a little sprucing up personally as the Palladium always looked like a shithole from the outside but really blew your mind once you got in.

From the very elaborate staircases going up to the second level to the wood [or woodlike?] floors to the chandeliers, the Palladium was probably the nicest venue I can remember from my early concert days.

I still remember how tight security was at that place with a far-too-friendly search and guards screaming at people for trying to take gum into the building. But I've got a lot of fond memories of shows at that particular venue. It'll be nice to see it up and running at full strength again.

The Palladium is currently scheduled to host The Kooks in October for their re-opening party so that should be a fun night for LA music fans.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - My first concert @ the Palladium was an alternative band called Sugar. The music was so-so, but it was a sweet venue.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!