2008-11-22

The Holiday Season Begins

I guess it's started.

Working in retail, you get exposed to the start of the Holiday season a little earlier than most. When we got back from our NoCal trip, I came back to work only to discover that the Christmas decorations were in full effect throughout the mall - and this was the last week of October. With Christmas being my favorite holiday anyways, it's not difficult to get me in the spirit usually.

I resisted a bit - stunned that Christmas decor was up before Halloween. I skipped Christmas music when it came up on random on my iPod for weeks. A week or so ago, I was on my way to work when a Christmas song came on and suddenly, I had to think about if I wanted to skip it. That's when I knew I was close.

One day at work, the same day in fact, there was a choir of kids upstairs singing carols that I could hear from inside our store. At first, I thought it was too early but the more I heard it, the merrier I felt.

Last night, there were Christmas commercials on TV - and I felt a bit giddy about it.

Today, while cleaning the apartment with the Missus, I turned the TV to the "Music of the Season" channel and left it on all day. Christmas music throughout the house before Thanksgiving... yep, I'm there.

Oh, and don't get me started at how giggly I got at the "Christmas at the Disneyland Resort" commercials. I absolutely love Christmastime at Disneyland and am greatly disappointed it's been a couple of years since we were able to go to the park this time of year. It's such a fantastic way to throw yourself headfirst into the season.

Ahhh... it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!