2008-12-21

EEEEKS!

Do you trust newspapers in the Dominican Republic?

Apparently Impacto Deportivo, a newspaper in the DR with a somewhat spotty record when it comes to sports scoops, is claiming that the Yanks have presented a three year, 75 mil offer to Manny and that negotiations are advanced with a potential announcement of a deal coming Monday or Tuesday.

Couple that with the Texeira news today that the Angels were pulling out of the race for him and it's been an interesting day on the Hot Stove.

So, is it true?

My gut still tells me no. I'm going to stick to my guns and believe the Dodgers end up with Manny at a similar deal. 3 years, 75 mil with a mutual option for a fourth.

Until I see otherwise, I'm holding onto that hope that Santa McCourt drops Mr. Ramirez under the tree this week.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - so I just read the LA Times article on the Yanks & MT. And I have to give credit to Reagins for being very honest on pulling the Angels out of the running for MT.

Maybe if the Yanks go to the cellar next year - do you think the org will plead for bailout money on bad deals. Scott Boras is probably thinking I got this team wrapped around my finger...ha!

We'll just have to wait for the saga to continue in our next chapter of the Dodgers and Manny.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!