2008-12-18

Random Thoughts

-- After the relative failure of Crystal Skull, is anyone either a] looking forward to a fifth Indy movie or b] willing to even give it a shot? Personally, I kinda enjoyed some parts of Crystal Skull and would be willing to go in with lowered expectations to see what happens.

-- Jurassic Park 4? Anyone? Bueller?

-- I was listening to an interview recently about The King of Kong being made into an actual scripted movie. That just sounds like an awful idea to me. The doc was so spot-on fantastic, I don't think I have the slightest desire to see it dramatized.

-- Anyone see Appaloosa? What's the last great Western to hit the big screen? Unforgiven? The 3:10 To Yuma remake? What makes it so hard to make a good Western? Years of bad ones? Cliches that most of them fall into?

-- As a rabid TV viewer, man, am I looking forward to January. Return of 24. Return of Lost. That's really all I'd need but it seems like there's something else I'm forgetting.

Alright. My head hurts. Back tomorrow.

2 comments:

30571 Lorna G said...

I think you're forgetting 'Idol'!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd be willing to see a 5th Indy. Crystal Skull was okay - I suppose it was worth seeing, but overall, it was weak - and I'm not even really talking about the whole alien angle either.

Jurassic Park 4 - sure - as long as Spielberg was involved. I'd like to see Michael Crichton have some input as well.

The King of Kong? Actual scripted movie? TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!!! Don't let it happen! I'll go on record saying that I was thoroughly entertained by the documentary, but I think a full featured film is a shitty-ass idea.

3:10 to Yuma? A great western to hit the screen? Uh, you're smoking some big donkey crack! Unforgiven was a great movie. (Heck, I even liked "Quigley Down Under" - don't lie - you liked it too. Although, I will definitely concede it wouldn't fall into the category as a great western).

I am looking forward to 2009's TV schedule - namely 24. I've never been a Lost fan, but a lot of people are so I won't criticize the show. There are several other shows I'm happy are coming back.

I would also like to let your readership to know they should go see "Slumdog Millionaire" - excellent movie on many levels.

Peace in the Middle East.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!