2009-01-06

2008: TV Year End Awards!

I stumbled upon IGN's Year End Awards yesterday while doing mine and really liked the way they  broke down the categories for the TV section. 

So, I'm stealing them.

SPOILER ALERT!  I very well may discuss stuff that you haven't seen so be advised.

Best Drama
     The Shield
            How could I really pick anything else?  One of my favorite shows EVER went out in a big way with one of the best seasons of television that I've ever seen.  The final fates of Vic, Shane, Ronnie, and all the rest were some of the most gutwrenching and thrilling moments put on television in recent memory.
Honorable Mentions:  Lost, Desperate Housewives, Battlestar Galactica, Gossip Girl

Best Comedy
     30 Rock
          I had a hard time picking one.  I could really go towards any of the five at any given moment but 30 Rock seemed like the right answer for right now.  Lots of quotable moments.  Lots of completely insane moments that were fantastic.
Honorable Mention:  The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Pushing Daisies, Flight Of The Conchords

Best Sci-Fi Series
     Lost
          It could have very easily been my pick for Best Drama if it wasn't for the amazing final season of The Shield so at very minimum, it should get this one. 

Honorable Mention:  Battlestar Galactica, Heroes

Best Show That Was Cancelled Too Soon
     Pushing Daisies
         Duh.  If you didn't know my answer to this one, you haven't been reading this site very long.

Biggest Shocker
     Vic Mackey betrays Ronnie
          I never really thought it would happen.  I thought Ronnie might turn on Vic - that crossed my mind.  But I never thought Vic would sell out the last friend he had left - no matter the reason.  This one action made the last couple episodes absolutely heartwrenching to watch at times.
Honorable Mention:  The Final 4 Cylons revealed - BSG, THE ISLAND MOVED! - Lost

Best Storyline
      The Search For Shane - The Shield
            Again, it can't be anything else.  Those episodes with Vic and Ronnie trying to hunt down Shane before Shane turned them in... man.  Compelling stuff.  That kind of stuff that makes you sad if you're a writer because you can't get yourself to produce the same thing.
Honorable Mention:  The Oceanic Six - Lost,  Pam/Jim - The Office

Couple I Rooted For The Most
      Pam/Jim - The Office
            Oh, come on.  How hard was this one?
Honorable Mention:  Jack/Kate - Lost, Sylar/Elle - Heroes, Ned/Chuck - Pushing Daisies, Chuck/Blair - Gossip Girl


And that's pretty much that!  Thanks for playing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!