2009-01-30

Coachella

Earlier today, the Coachella lineup was announced which is always kind of a cool thing. Not because I'd actually go, mind you, because at my advanced age, the idea of spending three days in 110 degree heat to see bands - awesome or not - does not sound that appealing. But I'm usually more curious about the lineup because I always like to see how many of the bands I've actually heard of. It's kind of an indie street cred test thing.

I decided to raise the bar this year and look to see how many bands performing at the festival I actually OWN music by.

Those bands that I have at least one song from are bolded below:

A Place To Bury Strangers
Alberta Cross
Amanda Palmer
Amy Winehouse
Antony and the Johnsons
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
Atmosphere
Bajofondo
Band Of Horses
Beirut
Billy Talent
Blitzen Trapper
Bob Mould Band
Booker T
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Buraka Som Sistema
Cage the Elephant
Calexico
Christopher Lawrence
Clipse
Cloud Cult
Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band
Craze and Klever
Crookers
Crystal Castles
Dear and the Headlights
Dr. Dog
Drive By Truckers

Drop The Lime
Electric Touch
Felix da Housecat
Fleet Foxes
Franz Ferdinand

Friendly Fires
Fucked Up
Gang Gang Dance
Genghis Tron
Ghostland Observatory
Girl Talk
Glass Candy
Glasvegas
Groove Armada (DJ Set)
Gui Boratto
Henry Rollins (What? I don't have anything by Henry Rollins? Weird!)
Hercules and Love Affair
Ida Maria
James Morrison
Jenny Lewis
Junior Boys
K'naan
Late of the Pier
Leonard Cohen
Liars
Los Campesinos!
Lupe Fiasco
Lykke Li
M. Ward

M.A.N.D.Y.
Marshall Barnes
Mastodon
Mexican Institute of Sound
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Molotov
Morrissey
MSTRKRFT

My Bloody Valentine
N.A.S.A.
No Age
Noah and the Whale
Okkervil River

Paolo Nutini
Patton & Rahzel
Paul McCartney
Paul Weller

Peanut Butter Wolf
People Under the Stairs
Perry Farrell
Peter Bjorn and John
Public Enemy

Roni Size Reprazent
Ryan Bingham
Sebastien Tellier
Shepard Fairey
Silversun Pickups
Steve Aoki
Superchunk
Supermayer
Surkin, Para One (Live)
Switch
The Aggrolites
The Airborne Toxic Event

The Black Keys
The Bloody Beetroots
The Bug
The Courteeners
The Crystal Method
The Cure
The Gaslight Anthem
The Hold Steady

The Horrors
The Killers
The Kills
The Knux
The Night Marchers
The Presets
The Ting Tings
Themselves
Thenewno2
Thievery Corporation
Throbbing Gristle
Tinariwen
TRAV$DJ-AM
Turbonegro
TV On The Radio
Vivian Girls
We Are Scientists
White Lies
X
Yeah Yeah Yeah's

Zane Lowe
Zizek Club

So, of the 122 bands listed as currently playing Coachella, I have music from 44 of them for a grand total of:

36%

Total FAILING grade on the indie street cred front BUT I bet if you took out all the electronica bands that I basically ignore and the international acts that I don't listen to - I probably managed to pull off a respectable score.

Right?

Please?

Come on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!