2009-03-11

Blue's Concert Calendar

Having just bought tickets over the weekend to see one of the No Doubt "reunion" shows (I have no idea if they're actually calling them that but since I can't remember seeing them since 2001 or 2002, it would seem appropriate), I thought it'd be a good time to revisit my concert calendar.

Now, again, this isn't a list of every show I want to see over the next few months but it is a spotlighting of a handful that I really think would be awesome.

I pulled this list of upcoming shows from the good folks at LosAnjealous so if you know of a show you think I might like that I'm missing, feel free to give me a shout.

March

Thursday, March 12th - Stone Gossard & Friends @ Largo
Let's face it. There's really only one reason I'd go to this show and it's not because I'm dying to see Stone Gossard as a solo artist. Yep. I'm wondering who shows up in the "& Friends." Or as I described this show earlier in the week, "If I lived in LA, I'd go to this show to see who shows up. Since I don't, there's no fucking way I drive to LA for it."

Thursday, March 26th - The Airborne Toxic Event @ Glass House
I think I wrote about this show last time so I shan't do so again.

April
Thursday, April 2nd - Lily Allen @ The Wiltern
I'm not sure I wrote about this last time but my main interest in seeing this show somehow links back to my love for Kate Nash. It's all related in some cosmic sort of intertwinement that I can't explain to mere mortals other than to say: They're both British.

Monday, April 13th - Jenny Lewis @ Glass House
I haven't been to a show at the Glass House in fucking forever but having been there, I can say with all certainty that seeing Jenny Lewis in that tiny little joint would be a religious experience. When it was over, I could quite conceivably turn Pabst into Perrier and make people want to drink my blood... or something.

Wednesday, April 15th - BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

Thursday, April 23rd - Mates Of State & Black Kids @ Henry Fonda
I really think this show has potential to be the Show Of The Year for me if I can possibly manage to convince myself to go. I'm not there yet. Someone convince the Missus it's a worthy show to attend on a "school night" too. Come on!

Friday, April 24th - Bret Michaels Rock Of Love Bus Tour @ Club Nokia
I don't know that I'd really like to go to this but it's one of those shows that I kinda feel like I have no choice but to tell people I'd like to go to it. Oh, by the by, a girl at work claims it's her life's ambition to make it on Rock Of Love Bus and become Bret's "one and truly." Yep, that's what she said. I don't argue it because the man is a smooth operator.

Saturday, April 25th - The Go-Go's @ House Of Blues
Okay, I just realized this. If you could somehow attend Mates of State on Thursday, Bret Michaels on Friday, and The Go-Go's on Saturday, you would have pulled off some kind of amazing holy trinity of rock and roll that would cement you for all eternity in the annals of music fandom. You would also be named my ROCKSTAR OF THE MONTH!

And that's that. Rock on, people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!