2009-04-25

Randomness

Here's a few random thoughts on this late Saturday evening...

** With their win tonight, the Dodgers are tied with the Cardinals for the best record in baseball. Yes, yes - it's still early, I know. But even under the "it's still early" umbrella, I don't think anyone could have predicted that. Plus, after my complaining about the bullpen recently, Ramon Trancoso steps in tonight and delivers four innings of shutout ball in Coors Field of all places to get a four-inning save. An awesome performance for him.

** The Lakers take one step closer to getting out of the first round. The games are sloppy and quite ugly at times but they've definitely been entertaining. Kobe had one en fuego of an evening to make up for the other night's shitfest. Now, if only we could get Bynum to snap his head out of the clouds and play some decent ball.

** Cheesecake Factory's Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake is a gift from the heavens or as I put it earlier - "Oh my god, I think my mouth just orgasmed."

** Swine flu? SWINE FLU?! Are you fucking kidding me?!

** A pair of ROH shows went down over the weekend in the Midwest and for the first time in a long time, the writeup of a match's result made me really want to see that match. Jerry Lynn defending the gold against Roderick Strong in a bloodbath somehow sounds amazing to me even though I haven't much cared for Lynn in years and I can't stand Roderick Strong usually. Weird.

** The list of "indie" movies that I need to see in the area is growing rapidly. Sugar, Sunshine Cleaning, Anvil, and Tyson are all out there and teasing me to come see them soon. I've pretty much resigned myself now to the fact that I probably won't get to see Watchmen on the big screen. Que lastima.

** The NFL Draft was today... I guess. I still don't care.

** I realized tonight that I still never got around to reviewing the screening of Caprica and the BSG Panel we attended on Monday. Damn. Soon hopefully.

** I had an idea this morning for a quite dirty sex comedy... in the shower. That's quite ironic in an Alanis-like-raaaaaain-on-your-wedding-day kind of way, don't you think?

Alright. I work in the morning and I feel like I haven't had a decent amount of sleep since Tuesday night. Peace, love, and soul to all my adoring fans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!