2009-08-20

Game Thoughts

Big win tonight. I can feel the near-beer breath of the Rockies on our necks and the... well, that joke is too obvious... breath of Giants right there as well. It was good to see the team relaxed a little bit though because it looked like they've been pressing a lot lately. A lot of swings early in the count. A lot of tense faces.

The slam by Martin has to make you smile as he's had an absolutely shitty year. I don't know if the extra letter on his uniform is weighing him down or the model girlfriend is making him do too much yoga or what but he's had a horrible year so any signs of life from him makes me happy right now.

Glad Broxton gets a night off. I'm worried about him.

Keep your fingers crossed that Padilla works out because we need a boost in the rotation. Weaver's been busting ass though - I'll give him that.

It's nervous time because not only are the Rockies and Giants right behind us but every other potential playoff team has seemingly gotten rock solid lately. The Phillies look lights out. The Cards looked great as well and are adding Smoltz to the mix now.

Keep your eyes on the prize, boys.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Blue,
I glad you're not holding your breath and making yourself turn BLUE!!! That was a good game with the Dodgers winning and even the Giants loss lost night was a good game too. Well anyways, I wanted to get your review on these two movies. Being a upcoming sceen writer and all, I wanted your opinion on these Bobcat Goldwaith moives. The first one was on HDNET channel and it is called Worlds Greatest Dad and the other is called Where Sleeping Dogs Lie. Both are fucking funny and written beatiful. Bobcat has a twisted but creative mind and I hope u like these movies. Later Poff Daddy

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!