2006-01-14

The Never Ending Story

Can there be anything worse than working on Saturday?

You work all week long in a never-ending job... in a dead end job with no relief in sight. You struggle and strain against calling in sick every day. You battle the urge to drag a co-worker out into the parking lot to pummel him with your bare hands. You fight the desire to tell the CEO why the company's in the shitter.

You do all that with the goal of making it to the weekend where you can rest in peace.

And then? "Yeaaaaaah, we're gonna need you to come in on Saturday."

Well, fuck that. Fuck that noise in a big, big way, my friends.

Payback's a bitch... so my payback will be getting paid time and a half to write in my blog. How do you like dem apples, bitches?

And yes, Mr. Anonymous, I have worked in fast food. I worked one, long, agonizing summer at Pizza Hut with all of my friends. And just a hint as someone who worked at Pizza Hut, avoid the breadstick sauce.

So, The Office was absolutely brilliant again this week. "But it's Country Crock" should go down in history with "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" and "Luke, I am your father." How can anyone expect me to care about My Name Is Earl when you've got Jim spraying Michael and Dwight in the face with a spray bottle of water? HOW?! Classic stuff.

To be honest, I don't even watch Earl anymore. If NBC wants me to watch Earl, they should pick up Arrested Development and truly make Must See TV again with a AD/Scrubs/Office/Earl block. Then I'm glued to the TV... and likely pissing myself from laughing so hard. Earl seemed okay the first few times I watched it but I quickly lost interest. It just wasn't as fun as The Office, AD, Scrubs, Curb... you know, the usual suspects.

Didn't watch Smackdown yet... but marveled at the guy at work who just got cable wanting to discuss the Boogeyman eating Jillian's mole as the highlight of the show. I heard Orton and Benoit tore the house down so I'm looking forward to seeing that. Haven't watched last week's TNA yet either to see how that was but another friend said, "The WWE should fire all of their cruiserweights and hire the X Division guys." Which, of course, is a total bullshit statement. I doubt there's anything Chris Sabin can do that Paul London, Jamie Noble, Brian Kendrick can't do better. They just can't get to do what they can do on TV. If there's anyone in desperate need of a TLC or Money In The Bank match to get themselves over, it's London.

Ugh. Ok. I guess I need to do a _little_ bit of work. So, I shall. Peace.

Song I'm Listening To Currently: "Gigolos Get Lonely Too" by The Time
Book I'm Reading Currently: "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini
Movie I Last Saw: The Chronicles of Narnia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!