2008-01-22

Heath Ledger found dead

Man, that's a bit of a surprise. I mean... there are certain deaths you expect to come at any moment. I've been expecting Britney to either OD or kill herself for a few months now so I'm prepared for that one. This one surprises me.

And yes, as the comic book guy, my immediate curiosity is how it affects The Dark Knight. That probably shouldn't be my reaction that quickly but I'll be honest and admit that it is. From AICN, it sounds like all the initial shooting is done but it's unclear how much post is done. Not sure what his role in the planned third movie [if any] was planned to be either. From all accounts, Ledger may have knocked this role out of the park so it's always sad to see a talented actor on the verge of even greater superstardom crash and burn.

Oh, and of course, there are drugs on the scene. Read into that what you will, I guess.

Never saw Brokeback or A Knight's Tale so until The Dark Knight hits the screen, the first Ledger scene that will always come to mind is him singing and dancing in the football stadium in 10 Things I Hate About You.

Anyways... just a few quick thoughts on the matter.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!