2008-03-23

One Week

As I once again race to beat "the deadline" so I can continue the streak, I'm looking for a nice, simple topic to write about so I don't have to think too much.

With that in mind, we find ourselves approximately seven days from two of my favorite days of the year.

Next Sunday will be Wrestlemania - always a holiday for me. The price has gone up yet again and the show doesn't have a lot of the same flair [no pun intended] that it has in past years but there is still plenty about it that I'm looking forward to. I'll probably do a little more thorough rundown later in the week so I don't want to burn all that up right now but I will say that I almost feel bad for Shawn Michaels heading into next Sunday. He's been put into one of the toughest positions imaginable where he needs to figure out a way to work his Wrestlemania magic and give Ric Flair a final match that no one will ever forget. It won't be easy... Flair hasn't had a truly memorable match in quite some time. But it will be a huge moment one way or the other.

Next Monday will be the Dodgers Opening Day. And with seven days to go til the 2008 season opens at home, the Dodgers _still_ have a lot of questions to be answers for their team. As short-term problems, they need to figure out if Jeff Kent will be ready for Opening Day and if not, who will take his spot [my money is on Abreu although Marcus Giles got cut today and immediately becomes a dark horse candidate for me.] Nomar appears to be missing Opening Day and LaRoche is sidelined for a month or so more after that. My guess is that Hu and Abreu will double up at the hot corner until Nomar is ready to go. We still need a fifth starter which has settled into a battle between Park and Loaiza. My gut still stays Loaiza gets the gig because of his contract but Park has pitched well enough to earn a shot... if not in Dodger Blue, somewhere else in the big leagues. All signs are that Kuo and Young will both make the squad because they're out of minor league options - meaning we either keep them with the big club or risk losing them to another team via waivers. That'll make for quite the roster crunch. Supposedly, we should expect some big cuts tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see who is left standing.

I'm done! Be back tomorrow with something a little more... well... who knows really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!