2008-06-19

I'm Gonna DJ At The End Of The World

A while back, I mentioned how cool I thought the idea of KCRW's Guest DJ Project was. Today, I stumbled upon the fact that they are actually archiving the Guest DJ sets online so I took a moment to listen in.

It's still cool - but not as cool as I had hoped for. I had envisioned John Cusack sitting alone in the studio just playing music and talking about why. But the actuality of it is that he's in the studio being interviewed by a DJ about the music he picked and why he picked it... and in the killer of it all, they're only playing snippets of the music which blows.

Anyways... still a neat idea - just not executed like it should've been. Here's the Cusack set if you want an idea of what it was like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was pretty cool - I agree w/your assessment of it though - cool idea, still pretty cool, but could've been A LOT cooler. John sounded WAY older than the 41 years he is - I actually wikipedia'd him - obviously the setting/audio made him sound like a 56 year old man.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of Henry Rollins' "Harmony in my Head" radio show, which is exactly how it should be done - he plays the tracks in full and talks about them. Awesome stuff - Scotty B

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!