2008-07-28

Manny Watch

As the favorite MLB player that I met on my wedding day, Manny Ramirez holds a special place of interest to me. So, hearing that he was back on the trading block piqued my GM instincts.

As I thought about it, there seemed to be only one fair trade scenario.

The Red Sox send Manny Ramirez to the Dodgers in exchange for...

Andruw Jones.

That's obvious, right? The Sox need an OF in return - one with the potential to be awesome. Obviously, Andruw hasn't been that great this year but... well, yeah. You want to get rid of a problem, you probably have to take one back.

But I'll sweeten the pot for you.

I'll toss in longtime Boston fan favorite, Nomar Garciaparra.

Deal?

2 comments:

mark said...

I'm all for that! Manny would be a nice complement to our stretch run. I just want to hear Manny say in an interview, "I was in California last october, and I met a few guys, who looked like they were getting married, and they said I should play in LA, and I think that would be a good idea."

Anonymous said...

I want to add another thing to what Mark said regarding Manny's interview...

Manny: I realized when I met those guys heading to that wedding in Laguna Beach that it was time for me to show my belonging to a real LA team. So naturally for me I hit a home run that day to beat my AL nemesis the LA Angels and to show the Dodgers that they are the team for me!

Go Dodgers!!!! woo woo

LJG

BTW: If Manny ever went to the Angels, his performance would probably end up similar to Mo Vaughn, with a BA below .300.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!