2008-09-30

It's Go Time

Welp, much to my dismay, I was unable to get anyone to cover my shift tomorrow at work so I'll be slaving away for "the man" when I should be at home, kicked back watching the game. I'm going to attempt to avoid hearing anything about the game - but I'm sure that'll be pretty much impossible since I work until 8:30... a full 2 and a half hours after the game will likely be over. But I'll be sending as many good vibrations as possible to my boys in Blue as they battle the Cubbies in Chi-Town.

The key to the series is pitching. Both teams have good pitching so it'll be important to take advantage of the chances you get on offense and to avoid big mistakes on defense.

Timingwise, the key is taking one of the games in Chicago. Losing both would put them in a deep hole to try and dig out of. You manage to "steal one" in Chicago, you put yourself in position to hold serve and win the series. That's gotta be the goal at minimum.

The odds are long. Almost every so-called expert out there is picking the Cubs to win and win handily. But I've heard that before.

20 years before to be exact.

I know this'll sound familiar to fans of this blog but... well, it's gotta be said.

You've gotta believe, baby. You've gotta believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!