2009-01-13

How 'Bout Them Lakers?

No, seriously.  How about them?

It's been a weird NBA season for me.  I'm not sure what it is - maybe the extended caring for the MLB season since the Dodgers were in the postseason a little longer than usual - but for whatever reason, I just haven't really gotten into the NBA this year.  I've watched a couple of games but I don't have that same fire for it that I've had before.

I know that they're winning and winning often.  I also know that after a brief stint of lockdown defense, they've apparently settled for trying to outscore everyone which worked so well against the Celtics in the Finals last year.  I've seen quite a few nailbiter victories in recent weeks as well - against teams that didn't really seem like they should be nailbiters.

So, how about those Lakers?  Are they as good as their record looks or are they as bad as these close wins to overmatched teams indicates?

And why don't I care as much this season?  Why is it the heart of NBA season and I'm already counting the days 'til pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training (31, btw)?

Anyone?

Bueller?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what it is - you need your Dodgers fix. Did you see the email on Spring Training tickets? I started contemplating going out to AZ just to see the team. Oh and you need closure on Manny - the Blue crew needs Manny...Manny needs the Dodgers. Isn't it that simple?

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!