2009-01-14

R.I.P. Ricardo Montalban

Man, like the Steve Jobs news today wasn't bad enough.

In yet another sign that I work with people much younger than me, very few people knew who Ricardo Monalban was.  Fantasy Island references accomplished absolutely nothing.  The Naked Gun seemed to spark a few memories but nothing significant.

He was such an awesome villain in The Naked Gun.

...

That's really the extent of my glowing tribute to Ricardo Montalban.  That's kinda sad.  I'm sure he was in other stuff where he was good, right?

Quickly reading AICN's obit, I see he was in the Spy Kids movies.  He also apparently had quite the history days back in the old studio days of Hollywood.  I'd like to say that I'll check those out someday but odds are I won't.

Hey, at least I'm honest.  I mean, I'm still the guy who wants to be a screenwriter and has never seen Casablanca and a ton of other cinema classics.

He also apparently played Khan in The Wrath Of Khan.  Harry says he gave the best performance in Star Trek movie history.

Yeah, probably will never see that either.

But dammit, he was great in The Naked Gun!  And who didn't love Fantasy Island?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!