2009-02-02

Lost vs BSG: Week Two

TOTALLY forgot to do this last week until someone reminded me on Sunday.

So, last week featured a showdown between a FRICKIN' HYDROGEN BOMB on the Lost island and... well... complete and unbridled chaos on BSG.

Lost was incredibly good as we dove even deeper into the whole time travel thing - Desmond getting involved (maybe TOO involved for his own good) in trying to discover what happened and getting obsessed with himself being the only person to potentially save the people on the island. We found out that Farraday FUCKED SHIT UP before vanishing off the face of the Earth. We also got more of the Locke and Richard story. Plus, the Others speak Latin? What the fuck? It was some crazy shit going down... and oh, did I mention A FUCKING HYDROGEN BOMB?!?!

I really didn't think BSG stood a chance of knocking Lost off their lofty perch in Week 2 of this head-to-head showdown and to be honest, I hadn't really given the show much thought when I dragged my tired ass home late on Friday after working a closing shift. By the way, if I haven't said it before, I believe there's a special circle oF Hell reserved for the person who invented the late closing shift on Friday.

So, there I was... tired and ready for sleep when I decided that I should probably give BSG a watch before I went to bed.

There's this science fiction story that some of you may have heard of. Starts off with a pretty basic set-up...

"It is a period of civil war."

That saga turned out pretty okay so I guess it's only fitting that before BSG wanders off into the nostalgia of our minds that they go through their own civil war.

AND WHAT A CIVIL WAR IT'S TURNING OUT TO BE!

Badass Adama and Ty throwin' down with the young punks, whippin' out assault rifles and pistols like they're on Arnold's team in Predator. We've got Starbuck blastin' suckas like she's straight out of Boyz N The Hood - or that scene in Swingers where Sue gets stepped to. Plus, there's Lee getting suckerpunched by some fool. Balthar and the President working together - sorta. And so much more.

And don't forget that weaselly little fuck Gaeta stirring shit up all the while. Ohhh, I want to see that fucker sucked out an airlock in the worst possible way right now. Adama better not forget that shit. We do not train to be merciful here - mercy is for the weak.

To wrap things up, we've got Ty and Adama like Butch and Sundance ready for one final gunfight.

AND THEN IT ENDS?!?!

The judging should end there - I know this. But I have to give BSG bonus points for the teaser of next week's show - Ty dead? Adama getting airlocked? And Bad Ass Roslin screaming "I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL!"

Holy crap!

If you haven't guessed yet, BSG takes this week in a walk. As awesome as Lost was, I'm SOOOOO much more looking forward to this week's BSG and that's the real test.

After two weeks of battle...

Lost - 1
BSG - 1


Tune in next week - same frakin' time, same frakin' channel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!