2009-03-02

February 2009: The Month In Music

When I did this post last month, I said I was going to try and make it a monthly thing so I'm back in black and ready to rock.

February was an interesting month on my iTunes library as I added 120 songs during the 28 days but only managed to listen to 75 of them during that same period. It also was interesting in that to make the Top 5 for February, the song only needed to be played in its entirety THREE times which created quite the pileup at the top of the heap.

Let's take a look - shall we?

Top 5 Played of February 2009

Honorable Mention:
Other songs hitting the magic number of 3 times played included: Vato - Snoop Dogg, Shake - Sam Cooke, Stay Alive - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart

5. Surprise, Surprise - Bruce Springsteen
In my ongoing quest to rediscover the lost art of the album, I've been trying to at least buy one full album a month. This month, of course, I bought the new Boss album. Sadly, on a first listen, I didn't care for it as much as previous releases but there are a few bright spots. This is one of them.

4. I Really Love You - Dee Dee Sharp
This becomes difficult when I just wrote about some/most of these songs two nights ago.

3. Crack A Bottle - Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent
Yep. See #4.

2. My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
Ah, there's something new. Is it just me or does there seem to be a flurry of former American Idols releasing music when the season starts up? I'm sure that's no coincidence. I've made no secret in the past that I think Kelly Clarkson makes some damn fine pop music and I have tremendous respect for her as an artist after she stood up to her label last time out and made the album she wanted to make rather than the one they wanted her to make. This is a return to the poppy princess Kelly but that's fine with me.

And the #1 song of February...

1. Green Means Go - The Color Wheels
Do you have the chorus for this song out of your head yet? Hah! Told ya.


I'm not going to bother with doing a Seeqpod playlist for this Top 5 since you got most of them a couple of days ago and at a quick glance, some of the ones you didn't get aren't up there. Trust me - go buy them. To make up for that, as an added bonus, let's take a look at the charts for the Year To Date!

2009 So Far!
20. On The Way Home (Live) - Neil Young
19. My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
18. Hot And Cold - Katy Perry
17. Green Means Go - The Color Wheels
16. Mausam And Escape - AR Rahman
15. Riots - AR Rahman
14. You You You You You - The 6th & Katharine Whalen
13. Half Asleep - School Of Seven Bells
12. Let It Slip - The School
11. The Good Old Days - The Lodger
10. The Wrestler - Bruce Springsteen
9. Seattle - The BPA
8. Liquid Dance - AR Rahman
7. More Adventurous - Rilo Kiley
6. Come Saturday - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
5. Secret Heart - Feist
4. Thank You Mario But Our Princess Is In Another Castle - The Mountain Goats
3. We Rule The School - Belle & Sebastian
2. Jai Ho - AR Rahman
1. Latika's Theme - AR Rahman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!