2009-07-11

Quick UFC recap

Fun show. Not a great show by any stretch of the imagination but a fun show.

Like the result or not, the Hendo KO was top notch and I was legit concerned for Bisping for a while there.

Like the result or not (and I don't), you've gotta be impressed by yet another dominant GSP performance. Alves survived five rounds... which is about all I can give him. All throughout the fight, I just couldn't figure out who in the world would be next if GSP wins and to find out it's Mike Swick... I like Mike Swick but I can't imagine he has anything more than a puncher's chance against GSP. The postmatch promo makes me wonder if my Silva/GSP "dream match" has a chance of going down after all.

Like the result or not, Brock was probably the most entertaining fighter of the night. Just absolutely brutal work on the ground leading to the stoppage but the best part of it all was the post-fight promo. The man is a natural heel who realizes how much money there is in it just like Tito did. Now all we need is for Dana to find a face to make the box office blow up.

Like I said, a fun show... but next month's looks just as fun with Penn/Florian [two of my favs] and Silva/Forrest [another two of my favs.] For the first time in a long, long while, the UFC has managed to put together back to back shows that I have great interest in seeing.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!