2006-01-31

Rumbles, iPods, and Interviews, oh my!

Before we get down and dirty, some amusement provided by B...

"This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fall on the same day. As Air America Radio pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, and the other involves a groundhog."

Brilliant. Sodding brilliant. Cheers.

So, I promised Rumble thoughts. But I really have very little nice to say about it. As I mentioned on Friday, there's two PPVs that I adore and would always get... and somehow, they managed to ruin one of them for me. All I needed to be happy on Sunday was Rey winning a smartly booked Rumble and Edge retaining the title. One out of three just doesn't cut it.

I'm so happy for Rey Misterio and the shot of he, Chavo, Benoit, and Malenko celebrating is one of my favorite moments in recent memory. But that PPV pissed away the good buzz from that in the next hour. Utter crap. From Cena winning the gold to the crapfest that was Angle/Henry to the Hepatitistaker playing David Copperfield with the ring. Just crap.

Raw last night wasn't much better but the main event is what the previous night's title match should have been... all the way down to the finish. It was perfect for an Edge title defense but ended up being weird for a Cena defense.

I don't know. Just... crap.

But in the silver lining of life, all rejoice that I bought a 60 gig video iPod on Saturday night much to the envy of all my coworkers. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up.

And speaking of coworkers... the countdown is on. I've got two interviews over the next two weeks and with any luck, I'll be ready to blow this popsicle stand in the very near future. Drowning in my apathy towards my work has been all to keep me sane in recent days at work.

Rejoice! The gift of music is coming soon! February Mixtape, peeps.


Song I'm Listening To Currently: Followed The Waves - Auf Der Maur
Book I'm Reading Currently: "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini (don't have it with me but around p. 200)
Movie I Last Saw In The Theater: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire [IMAX]

1 comments:

mark said...

good luck on the interviews. be sure to trash a few items on the way out- like a printer.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!