2008-02-27

It's Going To Be One Of Those Days

Man, I'm getting riled up by half the stuff I see online tonight... this morning... whatever.

I know, I know... I said that I wasn't turning this into a political blog [and trust me, after reading some of the crap in the comments fields on those blogs, I mean it!] but come on... I mean... come on! How can you not look at this and just be physically ill?

Here's the highlights to really twist your stomach...


AUSTIN, Texas - The two sons of Ann Richards, the late former Texas governor, are objecting to an Internet video published by Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign that suggests their mother would have supported Clinton.



Richards was governor from 1991-1995. She died in September 2006 at age 73. The two-minute video on Clinton's campaign Web site comes a week before the Texas primary and targets women voters in the state.

"So many women around Texas and America are saying, `Wish Ann was here, for us and for Hillary,'" a female voiceover says on the video.

"Today Ann would be asking all of us to make a statement. She would be traveling to every small town and big city in Texas, urging us all to take a stand, be counted, to make a difference, to make history," it says while a picture of Richards and Clinton appears on the screen. "This one's for Texas. This one's for our country. This one's for Ann."


OH MY GOD! If that's not the most blatantly, sickening form of emotional blackmail I've ever seen! They are truly sinking to new lows. If you can't win a nomination without using the memory of a dead woman and saying "this one's for her!" then you probably would be better suited in another line of work. I can't believe my family is all supporting her... well, I can... but that's more an indictment of my entire family than any faith in her.

Seriously, that's one step away from "Win one for the Gipper!"

I'm expecting Bill to announce he's dying any day now and that his last wish on Earth would be to see Hillary in the White House. It's gotta happen. She's running out of options.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in a campaign strategy session. It would be the ultimate reality show.

Alright... to be fair, it says the campaign got the woman's daughter to okay the ad but when her sons protested, their response was, "You're not going to sue us, are you?"

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

When the hell is November going to get here?



EDIT: Oh, you people deserve so much less than me! Look what I found for ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!