2008-03-12

By Popular Demand...

As you know, I occasionally take requests for blog topics. And when such a request comes from the Best Man at my wedding, I pretty much am required by Man Law to discuss.

So, he asked three questions... and I shall answer.

1) Houston Rockets are attempting to go 20-0 tonight
Absolutely incredible. An amazing team running off a streak like that is impressive enough and the Rockets just aren't an amazing team. Three-quarters of this streak was run off while Yao Ming was still active on the team which makes it slightly less impressive since he made them much closer to an elite team. But nonetheless, a T-Mac [and T-Mac alone] led team winning 5 or 6 in a row is impressive. I can't imagine the streak will last much longer but if it does, Lebron and Kobe better make room for a third man in the MVP race. The interesting thing will be if they're still on the streak when they play the Lakers on Sunday. That will be a wild one especially since...

2] The Lakers are 1/2 game ahead of the Western Conference and playing cocky going 15 for 32 of the 3-point line last night
The Lakers are at a crossroads right now. While they're still winning, they're not winning impressively at the moment. Their defense is bad... real bad... very bad... shitty bad. You just can't let teams like Toronto and Sacramento run you up for over 100 points. I understand they're playing a faster pace offense at the moment and putting up big numbers too but come playoff time, you gotta be able to play tough D when it counts. If they think they can play the high octane offense and run San Antonio, Boston, or Detroit off the floor, they're sadly mistaken. This is the time to tighten the screws, get the defense in order, stop fucking falling in love with the three pointers, and play solid basketball for the next couple months until the playoffs. I don't like seeing Kobe say "We played well" after letting Toronto get a near win and losing to Sacramento at friggin' home. I hope they get their heads on straight... and quickly.

3] "F'n City Slicker Billy Crystal is going to play for the N.Y. Yankees tomorrow against the Pirates."

Seriously, man? This is what you want to use your last question on? Really? Alright, fine. Why do I care about this story at all? He's a has-been actor who hasn't been in anything of interest in well over a decade. It's the Evil Empire of baseball making headlines again for what really isn't a baseball story. Next you'll tell me that the Yankees will be producing a new reality game show series called "Pitching With The Stars" where 16 celebrities train with Roger Clemens in an effort to become the next Yankees starting pitcher.

Hey... I think I might watch that.

Somebody call my agent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, but mostly unrelated, story - Billy Crystal tipped me $130 for getting him a table right away - Yes, I treated a celebrity like a better person, but it made me a better person in that a person with $130 is essentially better than a person without $130 - all things being equal, of course.

Anonymous said...

Hey Blue,
I was on my way to work and I was listening to KROQ 106.7. Ralph was doing his showbiz report and was freaking funny as hell. He said can u find a saying in any movie that says and I quote, "What am I going to do with a spoon, spoon him to death." Nobody can figure out which movie this line came from. I was thinking of The Whole Nine Yards, Mystery Men, or maybe a old Fletch movie. But what do u think or maybe u know. Later Poff Daddy

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!