2008-03-04

A Post For Posting's Sake

I read this article on CNET that was about becoming famous via your blog... and of course, as you can tell by the high-browed, worldly content on here, that's exactly what I'm aiming for.

One of the suggestions they make is that you should make sure you're posting daily... just anything at all to give people something new to read if they happen to stop by because if you don't at least give them the option, they won't come back! Is that right?! You treacherous fucks!

Alright, fine. I'll try to post daily. Happy now?

So, in honor of that half-assed pledge, I present a post for posting's sake.

Give me a few minutes here to scour the Interweb for things to write about because I'm drawing a blank [total creative blank as I haven't been able to do anything screenplay-related in days either.]

Okay, here's something... well, I wouldn't say "good" per se... but it's amusing and relevant since it was a topic for brief discussion at family dinner on Sunday.

I've posted on here before some of my fears for the forthcoming Justice League movie and I'm far from the only JLA fanboy getting nervous every single time a piece of news comes out about this thing.

Honestly, the first sign of trouble was the news that they had no intention of casting Christian Bale as Batman or Brandon Routh as Superman.

...

What the fuck?

Why the hell do you make multi-hundred million dollar relaunches of two franchises and then not use the faces of those franchises when trying to launch a third that they're both integral to? It just makes no sense at all.

And just when the thought crosses your mind that "Any idiot on the Internet who has read JLA could probably do a better job than the shit they're tossing around right now"... you're proven dead, dead wrong. One of my favorite websites, Comics2film [I know... big shock, huh?] had an opinion column up by someone proposing another take on the JLA movie. I settled in to read moments ago expecting to be blown away by a fanboy's vision... or at least mildly entertained.

Instead?

Well, let's put it this way. When most people think of the Justice League of America, you probably think of something like this...



It's a Murderers Row of superhero teams. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash... you know, the heavy hitters.

Our friend at Comics2film has an alternate suggestion. He despises the idea of the fucky casting like most of us but he understands the expense of Bale/Routh might push the budget into another stratosphere. His solution?

Use a different team.

He proposes...

Well, he proposes a lineup that a quick 'net search can't even score me a picture of. He wants to use a post-Crisis on Infinite Earths lineup of Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Dr. Fate, the female Dr. Light, Mr. Miracle and others.

Crikey.

Why not just pour money down a fucking hole?

The idea is so bad on so many different levels, I don't even feel like dissecting it. I can't bring myself to confront idiocy on that grand of a level.

So, the moral of our story?

"Just when you thought it couldn't get worst, you went on the Internet and realized the true nature of man is to be dumber than the guy next to them."

And that's one to grow on, kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!