2008-03-07

Top 5 Friday

Just barely going to sneak it in before midnight! The streak continues!

Mrs. Blue kindly requested that this week's Top 5 not be MMA or wrestling related. You know, that really limits my options! And she won't be any happier if it's some major geekfest like "Top 5 Star Wars vehicles" or the like. This will take great focus to come up with something appropriate yet not dull.

I've got it! I was just reading something about American Idol being subject to the same regulations as "normal" game shows and it hit me!

And so, I present, my Top 5 Game Shows Ever!

5. Tic Tac Dough

Okay, first... I don't see how you can ever go wrong with a show hosted by a man named Wink Martindale. It's the perfect game show host name. It's also the perfect car salesman name... furniture salesman... insurance salesman... basically the scum of humanity should all be named "Wink" so that they at least can make you smile while they're bending you over their desks. Second? That dragon!
Oh my god, that dragon used to scare the hell out of me even though it was the most unscary looking digital dragon ever. If they ever bring this show back, they should CGI the dragon from Eragon in there... yes, the one I hated. It'd make kids smile and grownups go, "Awww... that dragon's kinda cute. I don't feel so bad for picking the wrong square now."

4. Classic Concentration

This show was so damn awesome. It's like Memory for adults who want to win really crappy prizes. But if you made it past the first round, you got to try to win a car by matching the names of other cars. It was sweet! This one definitely needs to come back. I even remember a video game for this game show that I loved as a kid. It always made me feel like a winner to be able to match one teapot to another... like I knew what to do with a teapot.

3. Wheel Of Fortune
I think I always liked Wheel of Fortune because it was the first game show I saw on television that I thought I would have legit chance of winning. I always seemed to be able to solve the puzzles a few minutes [at least] before the contestants. But I wouldn't want to be on WOF now. I'd want to be on WOF back in the 80's when they had to spend their money right on the spot. "Okay, Pat... I'll take that china creamer for $400. How much do I have- okay... ummm... alright, I'll take the ceramic dog." The ceramic dog was the shit! If I had a ceramic dog that I won on Wheel of Fortune, it'd be my most prized possession ever.

2. The Price Is Right
It was a tough one between #1 and #2 because I've always had a deep love for TPIR. TPIR has the absolute best games of all time. The mountain climber yodeling guy? The golf putt that Bob Barker could sink like nobody's business? The one where you punch holes in the wall and pull out pieces of paper with dollar amounts on them? THE CLOCK GAME?! And the absolute greatest invention in the history of all game shows...



Seriously! It's Plinko! If I ever get the opportunity to play Plinko on the Price Is Right stage, you'll have to drag me away from the top of that staircase because I will finally be home! I made the (quasi-joking) comment last weekend much to the wife's dismay that it's my life's ambition to play Plinko... hey, it's good to have goals.

1. Press Your Luck
Really? Do I need to explain why? It's the greatest game show in the history of the world because it gave us the phrase "Big Bucks, No Whammys annnnnnnnd STOP!" Everyone knows the phrase. EVERYONE! And everyone knows the legend of the guy who memorized the patterns and cleaned up on it. The next time the "brilliant" execs at the networks is looking for a gameshow to put on the air... don't rip off whatever is trendy in the UK... BRING BACK PRESS YOUR LUCK!

And until next week, Blue fans...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!