2008-06-12

Not That I'm Superstitious

I'm not that superstitious when it comes to much in life - but sports seems to bring that side out in me... just a little bit. But I'm really not that superstitious.

Okay, so I decided to post on this blog again just after the pre-game show started - just like I did for Game 3. But I'm really not that superstitious.

Sure, I'm drinking Red Stripe while posting - just like I did for Game 3. But I'm really not that superstitious.

Okay, fine... I did wear my Magic Johnson jersey from Game 1 of the postseason until the first loss, then decided the "juice" was gone, and never wore it again during the playoffs after that. But I'm really not the superstitious.

Yes, it's true that I did wear my Kobe #8 jersey once during these playoffs - saw the Lakers lose while I wore it - and then tossed it in the laundry for the rest of the postseason. But I'm really not that superstitious.

Okay, okay... after going to a Dodger game this year with four other people where the Dodgers lost, I did analyze the past games I went to with those people to try and figure out who the weak link in the chain was. But I'm really not that superstitious.

Yes, I did hear the Laker entrance music ("Right Now" by Van Halen) on a Laker playoff day while driving with my iPod on random and stayed in the car until it was over... just in case. But I'm really not that superstitious.

Well, yeah... I am wearing my Laker Mark Madsen jersey today because I was thinking of wearing it tonight anyways and then happened to read a message board thread today that had a link to Madsen's blog saying he's supporting the Lakers. But I'm really not that superstitious.

Aaarrrrgh. Fine! I am the guy who once wore my Laker jersey UNDER my dress shirt and tie to work on a game day. But I'm REALLY not that superstitious!

But what I am? I'm a believer - and not in that fucked up goofy Smashmouth Shrek way.

I'm a believer who turned on the pregame show and heard them say "No team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a postseason series. But in the NBA Finals, no team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit either. So, if the Lakers lose, history is not on their side."

And once again, to that I say...

Ain't no thang, bitches.

You gotta believe, baby. You gotta believe.

Three more wins.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curse you, Blue, Curse you to HELL!

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!