2008-08-07

Love Songs On The KOST

Southern California readers of this blog know all too well that the LA easy listening station, KOST FM, used to do (still does?) "Love Songs On The KOST" where people would call in and make really cheesy dedications to be read over the air in a soft, soothing voice.

"Kevin wants to dedicate Billy Joel's 'Just The Way You Are' to Carol - he's missing you and wants you to know that no matter what, he loves you just the way you are."

This is the YMBB version of Love Songs On The KOST as I give a little shoutout to someone who needs some friendly advice. I heard this song on random on my iPod driving in to work this morning and it made me think of someone who should be listening to it (and hearing it to quote Wesley Snipes in White Men Can't Jump) in my stead.

So, to whom this one concerns... let the lovely Ms. Kate Nash provide you with a little bit of enlightenment on this late August evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Anonymous said...

So as I sit in my cubicle staring out of the 9th floor window of my office in Downtown LA and check out the cars passing by on the 110 freeway and see the stoic, upright, concrete buildings on this sunny day...I recall the REO Speedwagon song "I Can't Fight this Feeling".

"Life does not put things in front of you that you unable to handle"
- Unknown

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!