2008-08-08

Top Five Friday: An Olympic Edition

Damn. I have no way of cuing up the Olympic March for this post.

I LOVE the Olympics - absolutely love them. Winter, summer, whatever. It's the most amazing two weeks of sporting spectacle imaginable. So, you can imagine I'm superstoked for my first time watching them in HD. I can't wait!

So, with that in mind, I proudly present...

My Top Five Favorite Olympic Sports!

NOTE: I have disqualified basketball from these rankings because it's basically a continuation of the NBA season at this point.

5. Volleyball
Not beach - the madness that is on-court volleyball. I'm always amazed by the crazy rallies they get going, the speed of the serves, the insanity of the spikes. It's so much fun to watch.

4. Track And Field
I'm not really sure why I enjoy this one. There's not a lot of excitement in seeing people run in a circle - still better than NASCAR though... maybe not quite as cool as horse racing. I do enjoy watching a World Record get busted though.

3. Diving
Seriously. All those crazy twists and flips and spins and shit. Amazing. Plus, I like being able to figure out by the end of the competition what is and isn't "too much splash on entry." Hrrm. That sounds a bit dirty actually. Mental note to use that in a screenplay.

2. Swimming
I'm not really sure how or why swimming ends up a more exciting race than on foot but it so, so is. Especially when you get these nutcases that are going for like... ten medals in the same competition.

And my #1 favorite Olympic event...

1. Gymnastics
This is a tough one to admit. If you claim you're a fan of men's gymnastics, you highly imply that you have same-sex tendencies. If you claim you're a fan of women's gymnastics, most people look at you like you're a pedophile. If you claim you're a fan of both...

...you might be a Boy Scout leader! Wocka wocka wocka!

Game on... America!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!