2008-10-18

Blue's Reviews: Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling

I just hit play on the DVR for tonight's UFC show that I'm quasi-looking forward to but I can't imagine it'll be anywhere near as fun as Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling that I just finished watching.

When they first announced the concept, I said that it'd live or die based on the people they booked for it. Then the talent list got announced and with names like teen pop star Tiffany and Tabitha from Bewitched, the show looked doomed. But then some clips started to surface and again, my interest was piqued a bit.

Tonight, the debut of Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling hit the airwaves and I loved every second of it. Sure, it's corny. Sure, it's a little silly to see Screech delivering clotheslines but some of those guys looked like they were having the time of their lives and - shockingly - seemed to have a little bit of talent for it.

Screech, Butterbean, and Bonaduce seemed to be the best from the first episode. Todd Bridges looked athletic but didn't do much. The girls haven't shown much at all so far. Rodman looked alright but he should look better since he's done wrestling before.

How crazy is it that I now have to say... "I can't wait for next week!"

Oh, and I said when the Sox came back to win Game 5 that it was the kind of win that can change a series - just like I knew that Game 4 of the NLCS was the kind of loss that could change a series.

Yeah.

It ain't over yet for the Rays but... well, it's nervous time if you're a Tampa Bay fan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!