2008-10-15

Fine! I'll Talk About It!

Alright, I guess I should say something about it.

Game 4 was a heartbreaking, thrilling game to watch - let alone be at. I had so many moments where I was overjoyed and just as many where my heart was ripped out of my chest like Mola Ram and that poor Thuggee dude in Temple of Doom.

But in the end, the bullpen couldn't hold the lead and the Dodgers find themselves on the brink of elimination after a roller coaster ride of a season.

So, now what?

Chad Billingsley needs to shake off the effects of Game 2 and ignore the media who wants to put his entire career at stake in one game. It's one game, kid. Win or lose, you had a hell of a year and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

For the rest of the team? Suck it up and remember, you've got to play them one game at a time. You only need to win one...

...for now.

I'll be at work during the game unfortunately so I won't get to live and die with every pitch like Dodger fans around the world. But I'll be with them in spirit - right there at Chavez Ravine like I was on Monday night, cheering my heart out and waving my rally towel.

When I was discussing the playoffs with someone at work, they said that they were an Angels fan but that they really didn't care if they won or not. Or to quote, "My life doesn't change one bit if they win or lose."

I'd say that I wish I could be the same way but I really don't, you cold, heartless, soulless fuck!

It starts with one game. Hamels vs Billingsley. Let's get it on.

Oh, and of course...

You've gotta believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!