2009-04-09

A Tale Of Two Pitchers

By now, I'm sure most people have heard the very sad story about the death of Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart late last night. The story goes something like so...

** Adenhart made his season debut last night and seemed to have pitched quite well.

** His father was in the crowd to watch his son pitch. After the game, they had a meeting with Nick's agent, Scott Boras.

** Sometime after that, Adenhart went to a Fullerton club with two CSU Fullerton students.

** While leaving the club, someone who was on a suspended license for DUI ran a red light in a minivan, hitting the car carrying Nick and the other two people - killing them all. The good Samaritan then proceeded to make a run for it on foot. Jackass. Luckily he was caught where he hopefully will spend severe amounts of time in jail.

It really is a sad story to read - especially stuff about his father going out to the mound today and crying. Just tragic, tragic stuff. The paper even has Boras crying when he talked to the press. The other players throughout baseball seem to be a bit shocked - I'm sure it's quite a, "That could've been me" moment.

I don't know much about Adenhart other than what I've read today but I just wanted to pay some sort of respects tonight.

In a slightly related note, another Angels pitcher, Ervin Santana, was in the store today and did not get recognized by anyone but another customer. What can I say? I wouldn't have recognized him either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!