2009-04-11

Movies Added: Role Models & The Transporter

Picked up a handful of movies at Blockbuster today to help pass the weekend by. I had read last week that the Blockbuster chain announced in a SEC filing that they are considering closing the brick and mortar versions of their stores and moving to a strictly online business model. The store was pretty dead when we were in there so... might not be a bad idea.

Anyways... my thoughts on these flicks...

Role Models
I didn't really care to see this one and when we were trying to decide what to get, this is the one I fought the most. I just couldn't imagine paying to see anything with Stifler in it and let's face it, that's all he's going to ever be to anyone. He could be working in a heartfelt, World War II period piece about the Holocaust and he'd still be Stifler to me.

Hrm.

That might be fun actually. Write that down!

Anyways, the movie wasn't as bad as I feared. There was nothing fantastic about it but it had a few touching parts and some amusing scenes. All in all, it's a comedy that doesn't completely annoy me and those are few and far between anymore. Oh, by the way... he basically played Stifler in this. This easily could have been an American Pie spinoff minus the grossout humor.

BLUE'S REVIEW: I wouldn't pay to see it but if you see it on your favorite movie channel, I might give it a watch.

The Transporter
I know, I know. I'm probably one of the last people in the world to see this one. I just hated the second Bourne movie so much, I fear almost all action movies that look to be cut out of a similar cloth. This one was more in the vein of Shoot 'Em Up - which is actually the other way around by far. I liked it... sorta. Again, I wasn't blown away by it and would never buy it but it was a decent watch with some fun chase scenes and wacky martial arts stuff. The action wasn't as jumpcutty as Bourne so that was cool.

BLUE'S REVIEW: Yeah, if you haven't seen it, it's worth the rental.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!