2006-01-25

Nice Guy Eddie

"Nice Guy Eddie: Did you see that daddy? Guy got me on the ground and he tried to fuck me.

Mr. Blonde: You wish.

Nice Guy Eddie: Listen Vic, I don't mind what you do, but don't try to fuck me in my father's office, I don't think of you that way. I like you a lot man, but I don't think of you that way.

Mr. Blonde: Eddie, if I was a butt cowboy, I wouldn't even throw you to the posse.

Nice Guy Eddie: Of course not, you'd keep me for yourself, you sick bastard. Four years of fuckin' punks up the ass you'd appreciate a piece of prime rib when you see one."

Damn. Far too young, my friends. Far too young. R.I.P. Chris Penn.

I guess I'll answer some comments from the Peanut Gallery today.

You fuckers really need to start registering so I know who I'm talking to. Don't make me address things to "Anonymous Guy #1."

But... now I shall... Anonymous Guy #1...

Now, now, now... let's not start tearing down the legends of the game. Kobe had an incredible accomplishment and has had a brilliant career so far... but never lose sight of what the legends of the game accomplished to make it all possible. There wouldn't be an NBA without the names you've mentioned and as much as we love our Lakers of today, don't forget who paved the path for them.

Anonymous Guy #2...
I did in fact see TNA last week. I don't know about them being the future of wrestling... yet. They're doing some great things but they're a long way from being a competitor to Vinnie Mac. Until someone with the balls to tell Jarrett to drop the strap for an extended period steps up, they're going to float on the edge. And what the fuck is up with giving Sting that much money to sit out two PPVs? That's a WCW move if I've ever heard one. Bad idea. Chris Sabin in PWG in LA. Was there, my friend. He was fairly impressive in his match with Kevin Steen this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out on the 4th for the big PWG show. Any of you in LA who like wrestling who aren't going to PWG? Be ashamed... very ashamed.

Anonymous Guy #3...
MVP, huh? I don't know. I've always been of the opinion that all sports leagues need to differentiate in their awards. There should be an "Outstanding Player" or something like that for the absolute best player in the league. Kobe wins that in a walk. MVP? MVP should go to the player who without him, his team is among the worst in the league... the player who does the most to make his team succeed. I have a hard time giving that to Kobe unless the Lakers seem poised to do big things in the playoffs. Kobe "raising the team up" and finishing in 9th place in the Conference doesn't do it for me. Sure, it's better than they'd be without him but I don't see it as enough of a contribution. Right now, I'd think you have to look at Steve Nash for keeping the Suns atop the heap without Amare as a good MVP choice. I'd pick someone on the Pistons but I don't think it's Billups and I don't know anyone else there that deserves it.

And finally...

Anonymous Guy #4...
Ahhh... Ron Artest. The most sought after player in recent NBA history. I don't think anyone has generated as much trade buzz coast to coast as Artest. Artest as a Laker? I'd like to see it at the right price. I'd like to see someone on the floor that scares the players a little bit... on both sides of the floor. Artest might be the difference between an early playoff exit and a trip to the Conference Finals. There's only two teams in the West that scare me in the playoffs... the Spurs and the Suns. With Artest, I fear them a little less. But don't trade Bynum... and trading Odom should be a last resort. As bone-headed as he's been lately, I hate giving up someone who should be an offensive threat on most nights.

And that's that. Lost tonight! The return of Veronica Mars tonight [another brilliant show you all are missing]!

Remember...

Tell them Eko let you live.


Song I'm Listening To Currently: None.. but dreaming of an iPod video
Book I'm Reading Currently: "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini (p. 107)
Movie I Last Saw: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire [IMAX]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up Big Dog,
R.I.P. Chris Penn. Man!!! That sucks, he made great movies (Reservior Dogs, True Romance, At Close Range w/ brother Sean, and who could forget Footloose w/ Kevin Bacon, and oh don't forget All the rigt moves w/ Tom Cruise). Hell the list goes on and on bro. Artest got traded to the Kings anyways so good luck Maloof bros. What's this crap about Veroncia Mars and Harry Potter? Don't be gay!!!!

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!