2008-04-05

Eeeks!

Just got home from a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn[wait for it]nnnnnnnnnnnnnnng day that started innocently enough with a little shopping and plans to visit IKEA... maybe a little Bed Bath And Beyond [I'm not sure if we'll have time!] devolved into a barrage of technological insanity.

First, a phone call. "I just bought a ton of electronic equipment and I need your help in assembling. Can you drop everything you had planned for the day and assist?" Me, being the extraordinary friend and world-class human being that I am? "Umm...err... ummm... well, okay, I guess."

I arrive to find a new TV... a PS3... a new DVD Recorder... a new quasi-surround sound system and more gold-plated cabling than you can shake a stick at. Oh, and did I mention a new stand for said equipment that needed to be built?

Hours later, all equipment was installed, connected, and powered on... but as typically happens in such an install, there was one quirk... one monkey in the wrench. There was no sound.

I plugged and unplugged cables. I played with settings on the TV. I played with settings on the sound system. I stared blankly like Festus from Friday Night Smackdown as I tried to run the cables in my brain to see where the problem lied. I started drinking, searching for liquid inspiration.

And in the end?

It works. And I'm tired.

Quite the day!

You'll excuse me if you call me tomorrow and "it goes to voicemail."

Just kidding...

...maybe.

Oh, by the way, I fucking hate Jake Peavy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Yeeeees....I know that part"...a line from a great great movie. I'm not sure why I opened with that. The question is, do you know what movie? I'll give you a couple hints - 1994 & Mike Meyers. (That basically gives it to you on a silver platter).

So, Phil called me on the fly to rope me into that as well. I actually would have done it but I had previous plans set into place as well as plans for this afternoon. I actually would have liked to help him out as I'm into that kind of stuff. I'm glad you were able to help him out as UFC will be pretty sweet on the new system. Your better was better than my better yesterday. Damn Noriyuku!

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!