2008-04-13

News & Reaction: Sports Edition

NEWS: Lakers can win top spot in West with win on Tuesday over Sacramento
REACTION: Seeding is usually so important in the NBA playoffs but with such a tough Western Conference, I'm not sure how much it matters this year. Even with a win of the top spot in the West, you could end up facing either Golden State, Denver, or Dallas. GS has given the Lakers nightmares this year. Denver is ever dangerous with Iverson and Carmelo both capable of dropping 40+ on any given night. And Dallas is a very deadly team. Dirk has seemingly been lights out in clutch situations all year long and while he's famous for having trouble translating that into the post-season, I'm not sure I'm willing to take that risk in the first round. Whoever it is, I will be in the Staples Center for Round One, Game One next weekend and hope to do a little liveblogging from the game.

NEWS: Dodgers lose 2-3 on the weekend to the Padres
REACTION: Ugh. Just plain ugh. This very easily could have been a weekend sweep - that's the bright side. The dark side is - this very easily could have been a weekend sweep... bu t the Dodgers couldn't get the job done! Friday night, I questioned some of the managerial decisions but the bullpen obviously faltered when it counted. Today, they were 0 for 6 with runners in scoring position. In a one run game, that's just unacceptable. I still expect the team to turn things around but it's been a very rough start to the season for the Boys in Blue.

NEWS: Matt Serra vs GSP next weekend
REACTION: I'll be doing my UFC picks later in the week but I'm starting to get pretty psyched for this fight. GSP is easily a better fighter in the eyes of most but Serra pulled it off once so you just never know. I'm a fan of Matt Serra. I think he's genuinely a good guy and I'm happy to see him enjoying success. But a loss to GSP will have everyone calling him a fluke and send him down the ladder far and fast. It's going to be a tough one to win for Serra but I'll be pulling for him.

NEWS: Blue watches TNA PPV
REACTION: I did? Oh, that's right, I did! While I watched it through less than legal means and thus didn't contribute a dime to Panda Energy, I did check out the show in hopes of seeing one of my favs, Samoa Joe, win the TNA World Title. He did and I was pleased. Oh, and the rest of the show wasn't horrid either. It wasn't enough to make me want to buy the next one but it wasn't as bad as I expected either. And I want to make my early suggestion for Frank Trigg to IMMEDIATELY replace Don West as color man or at least join the team. It was such a refreshing change from West screaming "UNFREAKINGBEELIEVABLE" at every opportunity.

NEWS: Dodger fans need to follow 10 Commandments
REACTION: No, not _the_ Ten Commandments. Not "the original stone tablets that Moses brought down out of Mt. Horeb and smashed, if you believe in that sort of thing." What? Didn't any of you guys go to Sunday School... or watch Raiders Of The Lost Ark.. a lot? More on this tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!