2008-09-10

I Love It When A Jam Comes Together

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of unusual and creative covers.  I'm also a fan of crazy collaborations that you would not expect to see.  

So, this morning, I got a special treat while digging through mp3 blogs I've neglected for a couple weeks.  Apparently, My Morning Jacket does a live cover of Erykah Badu's hit "Tyrone" from a few years ago - a song that I probably only remember because I have this vague recollection of the Missus singing the hook over and over and over again.

Here's the formula...

My Morning Jacket - a band that I've never really checked out (but apparently should judging by stuff I've read) doing a wacky out-of-genre cover = awesome

When you combine that live cover with Ms. Badu herself showing up to slam down the vocals, the result is pure greatness.

Check it, yo!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!