2008-09-07

What's The Deal With Wasting Money?

I know, I know - everyone's going to say, "Oh, the whole point is to get people talking about it and you're talking about it!" but seriously...

What the fuck is up with the Microsoft/Seinfeld commercial?

It isn't funny. It's isn't clever. It isn't witty. It isn't even mildly amusing. It just struck me as really, really dumb and really annoying. I felt like it was ninety seconds of my life that I'll never get back.

If this is the best they can do when trying to "combat" the Apple ads, we see yet one more reason why Apple continues to have the "cool" factor while Microsoft... well, is at the furthest end of the spectrum away from cool.

However, I will give them a slight nod for the Vista commercial I saw today. I don't believe it for a second but I think that people who don't dislike Microsoft by nature might buy into it. It just goes to show that it's not impossible for Microsoft to make an effective ad - which makes the Seinfeld bit even worse.

Against my better judgment to "spread their message," I kinda have to supply the "art" in this post to make it worthwhile for you.

I'd usually tell you to "Enjoy!" but you're not going to so... yeah.





And just to give the good guys equal time...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Windows commercial last night and I just have to say "What were they thinking?".

I love Seinfeld but its 2008 and mixing his stuff from 10 years ago and add Gates to the picture and its just not cool.

I am sure the folks at Apple are having a heyday with this ad.

PC User,

LJG

Go Dodgers!!!

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!