2009-02-24

BSG vs Lost: Week 5

These seem to be getting later and later every week but I do keep remembering to do them in time - so I guess that's a good thing, right?

This week's showdown may seem a little unfair because with a viewing tonight, I've seen last week's Lost a total of three times now.  The Missus went to bed early the first time I saw it.  She fell asleep during a rewatch that was FOR HER BENEFIT!  And tonight, I finally made her watch it so we could watch tomorrow's without having to wait.  So, this may be a little unfair.

But Lost truly was the calm before the storm this week as it was the final episode before the Oceanic Six got back to the island.  We got the last bit of preparation for that but while it probably should have been a pretty dull ep, it really was an "out of the park" episode.  We had a little bit of a throwback to the days where Lost provided more questions than answers - with just a few answers to shut up the criers.

We learned that the Dharma Initiative built that room under the church as a way to find the island.  We learned that are certain times when the island can be found and that room is the key to finding those times.

And that's about it.

But now we got a bushel of new questions.  How the hell did Hurley get away from the police and know to get to the plane and why is he carrying a guitar case? [I'm guessing the answer to both of the last two questions is the same.]  Why is Sayid in police custody?  What the hell happened to Ben [and PLEASE tell me it's not what I think it is]?  And of course, where is Aaron?

Gotta love Lost.  Just when you think you've got the answers, they change the questions!

BSG had quite the show to beat this week and while they delivered another fun show with lots of twists and turns... I thought it fell flat yet again.  I just didn't care as much as I thought I would.  And to be honest, the blame falls squarely on the character of Ellen.  She was quite interesting to watch when she was away from the humans in the Fleet but as soon as she landed on Galactica, she became the same character that I hated all those months ago.  There were some pretty gripping emotional moments throughout the ep but in the end...

Round Five goes to Lost!

After five weeks...

Lost - 3
BSG - 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!