2009-02-22

Quick Oscar Thoughts

I'll probably have a little more to say on all this tomorrow but some quick thoughts...

** Disappointed in the Best Actor results.  Sean Penn had a great performance in Milk but Mickey Rourke deserved that Oscar and I'm not just saying that as a long-time wrestling fan.

** Disappointed that the Best Supporting Actress went to the one movie in that category that I hadn't seen.  That is all.

** Overjoyed that Slumdog took the categories that I thought it should take including Song and Editing.  But that movie, by far, was the Best Picture of 2008 and it would have been an out and out travesty for anything else to win.

** Of course, I'm happy that Heath Ledger got the Best Supporting Actor nod but I still feel that Academy thought that was there way to pay tribute to The Dark Knight without actually having to "suffer the indignity" of having a comic book movie possibly win Best Picture.

** And my thoughts on Best Actress?  Well, I'm sure I've posted this before but it was never more fitting than tonight...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!