2009-04-12

Movie Added: Semi-Pro

Caught this one on HBO On Demand earlier today. It was a fun ride. I enjoyed it a lot more than Blades of Glory which is really the closest comparison I can make. In fact, when I started the movie this morning, the Missus asked, "Haven't we seen this already?" A few moments of discussion made her realize she was thinking of Blades of Glory. I guess Will Ferrell has a formula in place now for sports comedies, right?

Anyways, I thought the movie was pretty fun. It was no Anchorman for sure but that's the high bar for Will Ferrell movies. Almost nothing else comes close. But this one was better than Blades and probably better than Talledega Nights [which I really didn't enjoy that much even though I thought I would.]

Blue's Review: This was definitely worth the free viewing on On Demand and I think it probably would have been worth a DVD rental too. If you're a fan of Will Ferrell and you enjoy his schtick, this one is probably a fun way for you to spend 90+ minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!