2008-10-20

All I Wanted To Do Was Go To Sleep


I've been doing daily posts on here for quite a while now - several months at least. I've gotta say, it's not always easy.

I take plenty of grief from all y'all about "mailing it in" or just tossing up a YouTube vid instead of actually writing stuff every day but man, it gets tough. It's actually gotten even tougher since I started working in retail again. With the wonky hours, it takes a conscious effort to find time to write every day - let alone find something interesting to write about.

Tonight, I got home at 8:45ish, had dinner, watched some TV, and went to bed.

Which then prompted a "God dammit, I didn't blog yet."

So, I dragged myself out of bed to the computer to try and find something worth writing about.

...

Obviously, I had no luck.

Here's one for you...

What is the big deal about Halloween?

I think Halloween is actually my least favorite holiday - is it even really a holiday? I don't even know if I really liked it as a kid. I remember costumes I wore for Halloween but I don't remember if I actually wanted to wear them or if it was my family of females playing dress-up with a small human. And as I got older, I got more annoyed by the "holiday."

Apparently it's a big party night - who knew? The twenty-somethings around my work were all atwitter over the past couple weeks trying to position themselves to get that night off, discussing their costume options, all that jazz. I just don't get it. I suppose it's partially because Halloween is also apparently an occasion for most girls to dress super-slutty and "disguise" it as a costume.





Hrmm.

Maybe if I went to more parties like that when I was younger, I'd have a greater appreciation for it!

Instead, I have to listen to people talk about their costumes and their big party plans and how awesome it's going to be. I just shake my head. I really can't stand it. Someone's dressing as a shower. How original! Well, unless you saw Karate Kid. Someone else wants to be Nick Fury. I guess it's a good excuse to buy an eyepatch. Someone else said Adam West Batman. At least I thought that one was clever.

But I still don't understand the obsession with adults playing dress up - even if it's just for one night. And the people who claim Halloween as their favorite holiday? Good lord. Just ship them out right now because they do not belong in any country of mine, gosh darnit!

I'm rambling, I realize... but in closing, my bottom line is that if you don't have kids dressing up for Halloween, calling Halloween your favorite holiday really should be a bit embarrassing for you.

1 comments:

Doodle said...

Didn't know you hated Halloween so much. I guess that explains you not coming to our Halloween party. Didn't mean to insult you by inviting you to a dress up Halloween party. Enjoy working...

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!