2008-10-23

Random Stuff

Some thoughts on some stuff from my Google Reader...

Does Heroes Need Help?
I've made no secret that I think Heroes started off very badly this season. Once one of my favorite shows, it quickly turned into a show that I only watched out of habit and hope. The Missus has abandoned said hope with the horrible first couple of episodes from this season and hasn't come back to the fold yet. I'm of the opinion that the show has gotten better in the past couple of weeks and while it hasn't returned to the list of my favs, I don't dread watching it for the time being.



This would be considered the opposite of Heroes - a show that totally redeemed itself after some challenging periods and has once again become the number one show on my list of most anticipated and this quick teaser does little to whet that appetite. The shit be on.

Now, Harry from AICN called this the greatest thing he saw today. I have to agree - even with the awesome Lost teaser footage. Check it out.

See more Ron Howard videos at Funny or Die

Double Dose Of Dodger Good News
Kim Ng lost out on the Seattle job. While I hate to celebrate the fact that she was unable to become baseball's first female GM, I have to be a little bit happy she remains in Dodgertown... for now. Also, early news says the Dodgers will be deep in the mix for Manny. Details are sketchy but it appears they'll go big on dollars if they can go short on years. Boras wants six. Reports are the Dodgers may look as low as two. I expect they'll meet in the middle when all is said and done. Expect either four guaranteed or three with a mutual option. Now, the dollars? That's another story. Early rumor says McCourt may be willing to cough up A-Rod type dollars if the years are right. That's a looooooooot of money. We'll find out soon enough.

Rays Come Back To Tie Series
A Philly fan at work tried to rub it in today that the Phillies were "one win closer to being World Champions." My legit, non-sarcastic response was: "What? The World Series started?" Who knew?

And that's that for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!