2008-10-22

In Other News, PIGS HAVE WINGS!


It's the day that so many rock music fans have waited ages for - if you believe it.

Today, Guns N' Roses announced that Chinese Democracy will at long last be hitting "record stores" (how many of those still exist?) on November 23rd.

If it happens, this will be GNR's first new album release since 1991 when both Use Your Illusions were released in a shocking dual release. Apparently, they're jumping on the AC/DC bandwagon and going with an exclusive release - this one limited to only Best Buy stores. That kinda annoys me but I'm eager to hear the finished product.

Of course, I heard some of the songs when I saw them in concert a couple years ago but hearing the actual recordings will be the real test. I have to admit that I was stunned at how fun the concert I attended was so I'm really hoping the album lives up to that night.

And even more exciting is that you have to assume that they'll tour in support of the album... and I seem to recall someone who was too drunk to remember the show and made me spend the evening a] searching for him, b] carrying him to the car, c] watching him urinate all over the place, d] be very concerned he was going to vomit in my car... wait, where was I going with this?

Oh yeah. I'm pretty sure he said he was buying tickets for us the next time they come through!

Rock on, people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God I love public slander. Why you gotta bring up old shit man?! Especially when I'm making half as much this year. Since I'm making half as much, I'll buy half as many tickets as I was originally going to for people who's night I fucked up. In other words, I owe you a ticket for sure, but nobody else.

Anonymous said...

Good! I can buy my own ticket and actually enjoy the show. This time I don't have to baby-sit someone who got fucked up off of 2 long island ice tea's and ruined everyone's night. Later Blue

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!